Saturday, October 2, 2010

Old skool

Blogger Quinn is back, with a couple caveats.  1.  I can't really type, and I'm only half trying to rectify that.  Idon't know if its chemo/radiation brain coming back, or the 7 or 8 pills I'm on twice a day.  2.  I have little uplifting to say.  and 3.  Why does there have to be three?  Oh did I mention no fevers for today?

Brett has been doing such great with the blog, I tempted to let him run with it a little while longer, but the aforementioned steroids have got me going a little buzzed at the the moment.  and unable to type.So back in the engraftment cyndrome days "Yea, hey little cells!  I see that you are there!  Good job."  Here are the specifics on who is doing what inside my blood cells:

Day 7 chimerisms (mixures of cell lines):
CD33 (neutrophils)    100% expanded cell source
CD14 (monocytes)      100% expanded cell source
CD56 (“NK” cells)       11% expanded cell, 79% donorA, 0% other donorB, 10% host (jessie and OK at this point)
CD3 (T cells)               0% expanded cell (expected, as they were taken out before transplant), 43% donorA, 34% donorB, 23% host
CD19 (B cells)              too few to count

My cell researcher is banking on the donorA cells winning out.  What I think is sad is my own NK cells and T cells going WTF?  anyway, although i'm feeling better, i'm not even 90%, so I think I need to work on that with some decent sleep now.  Thanks all you've all done for us...and reading the blog helps us too.  Love you too too much.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep it up! I'm up at 01:44, so your cells can be too. We cut Stella's hair this morning so she no longer looks like a shaggy sheep dog. I think the loss of material on her head is helping her to wake me up. Glad to see two new posts! I am 7 days no nicotine.

Slayer!
Clifford

Unknown said...

PS: pretty sure an "NK" cell is a "Natural Killer" cell (pretty cool, no?)....and it makes sense that you don't have any B cells since they will expand population once exposed to antigens (in response they make antibodies). T cells are cool....ahhh...I really don't remember anything from 2 semesters of immunology....glad you have a better staff on hand. If they need anything, tell them to send a note (doh!). Oh, there's Stella again....no rest for Homer.

Unknown said...

Keep it up those cells! Thinking of you much from kenya, and if I find a honey badger I will send it your way. Rosie xxxxxx

Patt Quinn=Davis said...

Glad to see you back blogging. Today will be a very good day! Mom

Maggie Williams said...

Daylight is ahead. So glad to hear from you again although I must say Brett did a fine job as fill-in blogger.

Mary Jo said...

Wonderful to hear from the "Q" source--BTW, did you know that there is a "Q" source for the synoptic gospels too? (couldn't resist!) Keep moving up! and remember that I send my love.
Mary Jo

Julie Quinn Kiernan said...

Great to see Jess typing again -- no offense, Brett, your post was great too. Hopefully, today's a better day. Tell Jess I'm thinking of her and hope to talk to her soon.

Rachel said...

Just hearing from you is uplifting. Oh wait, we are supposed to do that for you. So here are some happy thoughts: puppies, Sunday brunch, foot massages, Luna's belly button, floating in the lake on a hot day, ice cream, sleeping in late, being married to Brett, playing the piano, babies laughing, pizza and a movie, playing music around a campfire, hugging, drinking and talking with friends, watching shooting stars, feeling better soon.

Post a Comment