Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Stick a fork in me: I'm done!" Or: "I should watch how I title my blog entries: for all I know, that test is going to be scheduled next week."

Here's what I did today:  9 a.m. blood draw (boring), 9:30 a.m dental consult (need a cleaning and keep flossing, standard dental advice), 10:30 pharmacist consult ("here are the 45 pills a day you will be taking post-transplant and their horrible side effects!  And here is a free day-of-the week box to keep them in!"), 11:15 gynecologist (no explanation needed or desired, I'm sure), 12:30 nutritionist consult ("you already do everything right, how did you end up with cancer?"), 2:20 mammogram (add what goes on in those to my personal House of Horrors), 3:00 dressing change and cleaning on the port installed in my arm (stung like crazy).  Because I was so good for all my appointments, they are letting me have a day off tomorrow. Ok, I actually have no idea why I have a day off tomorrow.  In any case, we're going to the aquarium.  I feel quite comfortable going there with my 720 lousy neutrophils.  Then, we are going to storm the new apartment and take it by force.  I am only half kidding.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Must see pics of the apartment storming. Need some good WWII references. Taigan started fifth grade today and said puberty was starting. So while your storming the new castle I'll be building the boy defenses around mine.

- Larry

tia susanna said...

Jessie,
All my best to your and Brett as you travel on your peculiar vacation. I'm a survivor of a chronic illness myself and I can relate to your feelings and experiences. Humor helps and does a positive attitude. Fortunately you are blessed with both. All my best to both of you.
Sue Hawkins

aRod said...

HAHAHA, Larry's a protective father building Taigan boy defenses...or, as fathers back in Larry's day used to call them: Larriers.

Jessie: I have been enjoying the blog tremendously! I very much dig your writing style (unlike mine, which is on par with that of a 5th grade girl). Thanks for keeping all of us so well informed. I think about you and Brett and Luna everyday! Love you guys...

--Andrew

Post a Comment